These client resources are designed to help you maximize the value of your legal planning. These client resources will help you learn more and understand better. More importantly, they will help you know what to do. Legal planning is a team effort. If you don’t do your part, the value of your investment will be diluted. We are providing these client resources to provide on-going help after and beyond our in-person meetings.
What is in my Estate Planning Notebook? Your Estate Notebooks will contain documents specific to you. This means each notebook may contain different documents. Your Notebook also has helpful articles about each of the documents it contains. Sometimes that is not enough, or a reminder is helpful.
This is a list of most items typically found in an Estate Planning Notebook, with links to articles and videos that provide helpful explanations, instructions, and reminders for why you did your estate plan and what you need to do to take full advantage of it.
1. Instructions & Action Items.
2. Legal Architectural Diagram
3. Trust. Types of Trusts. What is a Trust. Jurisdiction Independent Trust.
4. Schedule of Trustees
5. Schedule of Special Beneficiaries
6. Schedule of Primary Beneficiaries
7. Schedule of Secondary Beneficiary
8. Schedule of Assets. Community Property.
9. Funding Documents
10. Schedule of Tangible Personal Property
11. Schedule of Grantor’s Wishes. Statements of Wishes Article.
12. Schedule of Protector. Dynasty Planning vs. Estate Planning.
13. Certificate of Trust Power and Authority
14. Schedule of Advisors
15. Integrity Agreement. Preventing Litigation.
16. Confidentiality Agreement
17. Notices of Gift
18. The Last Will and Testament. Read Article re: Advantages of Last Will. Fun Video When Things Go Wrong.
19. Custodial Letter
20. Durable General Power of Attorney
21. Living Will.
22. Health Care Power of Attorney and Medical Directive. Read Article.
23. Tangible Personal Property Inventory.
24. Statement of Wishes. Read Article.
25. Schedule of Advisors
26. Confidentiality Agreement
27. Confidential After Death Instructions
28. After Death Checklist.
29. Minor Children Temporary Custody Form. Download Free Document.
30. Medical Emergency Information Wallet Cards
31. Records and Data Location Worksheet. Download Free Document.
32. Retirement Account Beneficiary Designation Forms. Legacy IRA Act. Qualified Charitable Distributions. Tax Free IRA.
33. Safe File Inventory
34. Pedigree Chart. Your link between the future and the past. Download Document.